That’s right, Baby Benica is due June 21st and our lives are about to be turned upside down! I thought it would be fun to answer a few commonly asked questions that we’ve been getting a lot about the pregnancy.
- When did we find out? October 11th to be exact. I was scheduled to run my first half-marathon that Sunday and, after lots of internet research, I went for it and am so glad I did!
- How did I tell Ben? Ben had therapy clients that night and I was going to an EP release show for a friend, so I drew him this family picture and left it on the fridge (note the stick baby in my tummy).
- How have I been feeling? Fantastic! I did take a lot more naps during the 1st trimester and had to switch prenatal vitamins at one point, but otherwise I’ve felt great.
- Are we really naming our child Benica? Benica is our celebrity name put together (Ben+Monica). Since the beginning we’ve jokingly referred to our unborn child as Baby Benica and it just kinda stuck, but no this will not be on the birth certificate.
- How did we tell our families? At Christmas we made my parents a photo calendar that had the ultrasound pic on the month of June and we gave Ben’s parents a decorated paper mache number 6 (since this will be their 6th grandchild). We also gave my grandma an ornament that said, “great-grandma to bee” with a bee on it.
We are very excited to begin this new adventure and relieved to finally be able to share our big news with the world!
So what does this mean for Staging by M? We live in a 1,056 sqft home with tiny closets – can you say organize, organize, organize?! I also have a nursery to decorate and lots of baby preparation in the next 6 months. I’ll go into more detail on Wednesday about my game plan, so stay tuned!