I’ve had incredible dedication to my 2010 and 2011 New Year’s resolutions. They were small, but challenging and attainable – flossing daily and not using any plastic bags. This year I’ve decided not to beat myself up and simply write down a few exciting things that I’m looking forward to in 2013!
- Books into Movies. I love seeing my favorite books come to life on screen! Beautiful Creatures comes out on V-Day. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones is being released Aug 23rd, our 10-yr anniversary! And, of course, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire comes out Nov 22nd.
- Organizing our house and decorating a nursery. There’s nothing like putting a fire under you to do some much-needed home organization like a baby on the way! I’m not sure when “nesting” is supposed to start, but I’m already at full-steam ahead!
- Having a baby. Ben and I are already preparing to have a completely natural birth using HypnoBirthing which we’re really excited about! We know that our lives will forever be changed, but we couldn’t be happier about this new adventure!
- Celebrating our 10-yr anniversary. We spent our 9-yr on a beach in Mexico so that will be tough to beat (especially with a 2-month old baby), but Ben is surprisingly creative and romantic when he puts his mind to it. I couldn’t be more in love with this guy!
- Becoming a full-time housewife/mom. Never in a million years would I have thought I would be excited about such a thing! I will be resigning from my part-time job after the baby comes (although I hope to continue staging). I don’t mean to brag, but I am a fantastic housewife and am looking forward to adding “mom” to that title.
There ya have it, my non-resolutions! What are you looking forward to this year?